The role of the Junior Product Owner involves facilitating decisions that determine the outcome of the product and when it is delivered. They are part of a team responsible for managing and supporting the product organization and other Senior Product Owners and their portfolios. They assist as a conduit between IT and the business units they support. This role works in close partnership with business stakeholders, product managers, other product owners, vendors, developers and product administrators in the support of current, as well as with the addition of new applications and processes.
The Junior Product Owner helps assist in the stability and health of products in their scope of responsibility. They are expected to quickly become a SME in their respective application(s) and understand department processes, pain points and work in partnership with cross-functional teams to help inform product roadmaps and deliverables and provide clear user stories and guidance to Product Development teams.
The Junior Product Owner will be responsible for researching and analysis to help inform the product organization of the product backlog, and help inform delivery roadmaps, provide inputs to help in prioritization with stakeholders and solve problems as they arise during the development and lifecycle of the product.
· Knowledge of Agile Development organizations and what they do.
· Understanding of software and application development, including contributing to their delivery roadmaps and lifecycles.
· Understanding of project management, development, design, user interface, and software engineering that translates into decisions on what to develop and prioritization of user stories.
· Customer-oriented and natural curiosity to ask questions to get to the heart of the problem and flesh out the needs of the customer including, following up when needed.
· Demonstrated analytical skills able to evaluate multiple problems and determine their optimal solutions.
· Critical thinking skills and an ability to identify a potential or existing problem in the product, analyzing viable alternatives, and selecting the most suitable option to maximize the product development efforts.
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to set clear objectives, develop a plan on how to execute, and provide detailed reports and user stories.
· Professional presentation and communication skills.
· Ability to work independently and set clear objectives and develop a plan on how to execute.
· Experienced: 2 years as a Product Owner or Business Analyst within software and application development.
· Travel or aviation-related experience a plus.