The role of the Senior Product Owner involves making decisions that determine the outcome of multiple products and when each is delivered. They are responsible for managing and supporting a portfolio of complex and critically important internal and 3rd party applications and serve as the primary conduit between IT and the business units they support. This role works in close partnership with business stakeholders, product managers, vendors, developers and product administrators in the support of current, as well as with the addition of new applications and processes.
The Senior Product Owner is accountable for the stability and health of products in their scope of responsibility. They are expected to quickly become a SME in their respective application(s) and understand department processes, pain points and work in partnership with cross-functional teams to help inform product roadmaps and deliverables and provide clear user stories and guidance to Product Development teams.
The Senior Product Owner will be responsible for the management and analysis of multiple roadmaps to identify alignment and opportunities across all backlogs to lead and develop deliverable prioritization with stakeholders and solve problems as they arise during the development and lifecycle of their portfolio. The role will also be responsible for understanding the value and cost/benefit of new enhancements, customizations, as well as innovations and/or best of breed products in the marketplace.
· Aviation-related experience
· Proven experience with complex enterprise software systems and operations-focused applications, including managing their delivery roadmaps and lifecycles.
· Experience and clear understanding of technical details about project management, development, design, user interface, and software engineering that translates into decisions on what to develop and prioritization of user stories.
· Extensive experience working within an Agile Development organization – you know the roles and ceremonies within this world and have delivered products within a short sprint cycle environment.
· Customer-oriented and natural curiosity to ask questions to get to the heart of the problem and flesh out the needs of the customer including, following up when needed.
· Demonstrated analytical skills able to evaluate multiple problems and determine their optimal solutions.
· Critical thinking skills and an ability to identify a potential or existing problem in the product, analyzing viable alternatives, and selecting the most suitable option to maximize the product development efforts.
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to set clear objectives, develop a plan on how to execute, and provide detailed reports and user stories.
· Experience and familiarity with CI/CD and version control systems – Azure DevOps preferred.
· Ability to present ideas at all levels of the organization in a business-friendly manner.
· Ability to work independently and set clear objectives and develop a plan on how to execute.
· Proven experience in gathering requirements, writing user stories, and developing delivery roadmaps.
· Experienced: 5+ years as a Product Owner within an Agile organization, with an understanding of continuous delivery of complex solutions and systems.